Friday, March 5, 2010

Snowstorm Hat: a new pattern completed!

Made from this pattern: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90022AD.html?noImages. It was so easy to knit, I made it in less than 2 hours. The yarn feels super soft and nice and warm.
Alterations I made? I knitted it in the round. I actually didn't even realize it was supposed to have a seam until Lucas informed me... but I don't get why you would need to make it like that when it's so much easier to knit in the round. I hate sewing knitted pieces together. Also, I re-drafted the pattern for the ear flaps because they didn't seem big enough to me. It's really warm and nice to wear, and I basically haven't taken it off since I made it.


If you've never made a hat before, this is a great option: for beginning knitters you can work on knitting in the round, decreasing, rib knit and garter stitch, and also the fine art of pom-pom making. For everyone else, it's so easy you can just whip them out assembly-line style and give them to your friends.
Next project: a Harry Potter scarf (Ravenclaw). I'll keep you posted.
-Christine

3 comments:

  1. Very cute hat! Thanks for the compliment on my photos - I've added you to my sidebar list and I look forward to reading more of your fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking me to your Blog! I look forward to reading about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete